23.2.05

Soon...

Several months ago my dear friend B was deployed to Iraq. My thoughts and feeling regarding the deplorable situation and the muddled and misguided thinking evinced by our Fearless Leader and his loathsome cronies will be the subject of another post.

Anyway, B has been over in the hell and mess in Iraq and every day he's been there, I've worried and fretted about him. B is one of the most gentle and sweet-tempered people I've ever known and sending him to war was akin to dangling a baby out the window like a certain lunatic celebrity, or in other words, absolutely deranged.

B has been able to email on occasion and periodically call. Unfortunately, I rarely was able to take his calls due to schedule conflicts. So, my conversations with him tended to be via voicemail. Not the most efficacious, nor satisfying, method of conversation.

However, yesterday morning I received a phone call from Sina advising me that B was now in Kuwait and would be home within two weeks. Desiring further information, I called B's primary point of contact here in the States to find out what was going on.

In short, B's in Kuwait and is anticipating to be on a plane bound for home today. If this is so, then he ought to be home by next week.

He's out of Iraq. He's coming home.

I could scream with excitement, relief, and happiness. As I write this I've tears in my eyes from relief and I keep thinking, 'He's out of Iraq and coming home.'

Now, we just need to bring all the other fathers, sons, brothers, husbands, uncles, cousins, wives, daughters, aunts, and mothers home, too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home