26.2.06

Borte bra, hjemme beste...

Translated from the Norwegian, it means, 'Elsewhere nice, home best.'

That sums up my trip nicely.

I'll rant when I get home about the misery of my air travel experience. I'm tired and don't feel like doing so now. Besides, I'll most likely have more horrors to recount after I return to Seattle tomorrow afternoon.

Meanwhile, I'm somewhat low spirited because my evening wasn't as enjoyable as I'd hoped. While I really, really loved seeing Patrick, Dougie, Sina, and Brent in one spot again and once more at our old stomping grounds, I discovered that nostalgia is a perilous thing.

The bar hadn't changed while I had. The music was tired and was the same setlist that was in rotation when I left nearly a year ago. I had to plead to get some of the new Madonna played - and that's several months old.

Right now, I'm really home-sick for Seattle, how crrrazy is that? When did Coeur d'Alene stop being home?

Kami Jo, one of the bouncers/bartenders at the bar whom I've known for ages, paid me a great compliment when she said I looked happier than I had in a long time. And that's true even though it has been at times something of a struggle to keep my head above water in Seattle, I'm still generally happier - if somewhat lonely - there than here.

I'm also low-spirited because I found out tonight from Chris that this guy I've been crushing on for several weeks is interested in (or seeing) someone.

Anyway, I think I'll close this for now.

Good night, moon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home