1.7.07

Wheeeee!!!

Just got home from the VNV Nation show at El Corazon with Babyland from LA as the opening band.

What an amazing show.

Babyland seemed to be pretty high energy - not quite my thing, though. Banging on empty oil barrels and pipes just doesn't really do it. So I wandered off, with my friend Dakota, to the side bar where it was quieter and got a beer. Besides, it was blessedly free of the underage crowd.

VNV Nation, though, kicked ass. As Ronan said tonight, 'Fuck yeah'.

Awesome set - I heard just about everything I wanted to hear. They opened with The Farthest Star off of their latest album Judgement.

Here's a partial set list for those who care:

Chrome
Beloved
Darkangel
Savior
Standing
Legion
Perpetual
Testament
Illusion
Nemesis

Anyway, the venue was packed to the gills and the show was sold out. This was evinced by the fact that it was about 438 degrees Kelvin in there. Ronan at one point asked the various crew people to hand out water - sadly, none ever got to my corner. Ah, well.

This was one of the best shows I've been to in a really fucking long time. I'm still totally amped from the energy of the crowd as well as that of Ronan and Mark. They really do a great fucking show.

I'm looking forward to the following upcoming shows:

Voltaire - 7/17
Combichrist - 8/24
KMFDM - 8/25
Assemblage 23 - 9/9

I'm still deciding if I want to go see Haujobb. Hm.

I'm tired, sweaty, and need to go shower as my hair feels crunchy and I don't want to wake up all covered in dried sweat. Ick.

Here are a few photos taken with the camera in my phone. My apologies for the quality, but you'll just have to cope.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Clipped Wings said...

Oh you bastard.

Why, oh why, does everyone go to see VNV Nation, everyone but meeeeeeee!

Nonwithstanding that both Voltaire, CombiChrist and A23 are groups I'd love to see live. Meh, it's a cruel world, always knew it.

From the playlist, it sounds like VNV pulled out just about every classic one could have wanted; VNV Live tends to be a greatest hit collection, heh.

3:39 AM  
Blogger The Wicked Brian of the West said...

Aww, Mr. Clipped. I wish you could've been there, too!!

I'd be glad to get you tix for Voltaire, CombiChrist, and A23. Sadly, it'd mean a lot of transatlantic flights that you'd have to wangle.

VNV really did pull out just about every classic you could want. Yeah, it was essentially their greatest hit collection with the singles from Judgement thrown in, but hey! I'm sure as fuck not complaining. :D

8:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home