4.7.07

Mr. Trevethan Discovers A Dinosaur, with Illustrations


It isn't terribly often that I get to write about something this remarkably interesting.

My very dear friend Ian, whom I haven't seen in an age nor do we get to talk as frequently as I'd like owing to a myriad of factors, discovered a dinosaur while on a dig in Montana.

Let me back up a smidge, Ian's currently studying the delightful science of paleontology at the Montana State University in Bozeman, MT. I've been over to Bozeman several times in the Distant Past to visit friends of the family who live out there (one of whom was the head of the Art Department at MSU as I recall).

Anyway, I was tottering about the house this morning when I noticed that Ian had called (I was fiddling in the kitchen with a spot of breakfast or something and missed his call). I returned his call and we were soon chatting about this and that when he said something in the vein of, "I just returned from a dig in northern Montana where I found what I believe to be a semi-articulated hadrosaur." Now, how often do you get to have a phone conversation where someone tells you in a delighted manner that they'd found what most of us call the duck-billed dinosaur?

Just another reason why I love my friends.

Ian surmises that the fossilized skeleton was that of an Edmontosaurus. Click here for more information regarding the Edmontosaurus.


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Dinosaur Guy said...

I've just been notified that we've been funded for two more weeks of fieldwork to at least map and remove criticle elements of the skeleton! I'll return to the dig site on the first of August and return on or around the fifteenth. I'm sure I'll have a much better idea of what kind of animal we're working with at that time. In the meantime, I, with the rest of the fam will shoot up to Spokane for a quick visit (July 19-25) and to visit with friends. I've heard rumours of dinosaur activities in our humble home town. Time to see if they get it right.

IJT

2:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home