13.7.07

Ramblings

I'm tired to-day.


The last several days have been appallingly hot. Wednesday was over ninety degrees and made one curl round the edges like St. Thingummy on a gridiron. Thursday was a trifle better but I didn't go to bed until midnight because my room was a bit too warm for my tastes.


It is almost pleasant today. I'm going to go out this evening but I'm feeling lackluster.


It's Peter's birthday on Monday so I'm going to make him a cake to-morrow. A lemon cake.

I've discovered that the neighbours up a floor and over a building annoy me. They're listening to godawful club music with shrieking divas at volumes that would stun a police dog at fifty yards. Meanwhile, I'm trying to be a good tenant and not blare my music at earsplitting levels. I think I may just give up and blast Funker Vogt at them. I hate guys that are TGTF.

Anyway, must dash. Just a quick update.

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mmm, Funker Vogt. Or maybe some Front 242? Old-school industrial FTW.

11:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So thats where our summer went! Well, you can keep it thank-you-very-much. I'm rather enjoying the grey skies, lashing rain and endless winds.

As for your noisy neighbors, you could be petty and put superglue in their locks when they go out. Or you could stop up their door and pump 3 feet of water into the apartment through the keyhole/letterbox or whatever.

Oh, or you could just shoot them I suppose. ;)

7:09 AM  
Blogger OrangeTV said...

My wee thermometer outside the Visitor Center right now reads a cruel 106 degrees. Oy! Thankfully the goddess of AC has blessed this building.

4:00 PM  
Blogger The Wicked Brian of the West said...

Miche,

I sold off a lot of my Front 242 some time ago when I was desperate for a bit of cash. I only have 05:22:09:12 Off. I suppose I could blast some Einstürzende Neubauten their way, though.

Alex,

Lovely ideas as usualy, but they're in the apartment building next to mine and it, like mine, is a secure building. I try not to shoot people any more since it tends to make a mess and it winds up with the Ogpu getting involved.

Patrick,

Yuck. I don't miss the nasty Inland Empire weather. I'm glad you have been visited by the A/C Goddess at the office. I wish she'd pop round here. The tart!

12:59 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Why didn't you make him a flaming curry cake?

3:28 PM  
Blogger The Wicked Brian of the West said...

Well, because it was hot enough without firing up the wok to brew up some Death Curry.

11:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home